The FinTech Report Podcast: Episode 31: Interview with Kallan Hogan, Mastercard Australia & NZ
“Mastercard connects buyers with sellers,” says Kallan Hogan
Mastercard is more than cards and payments; services also include digital identity, online fraud verification, biometrics technology, and artificial intelligence (AI) that scores transactions for fraud, personalisation, and loyalty, and that sets Mastercard apart from others, says Kallan Hogan, Head of Business Development for Mastercard in Australia and NZ.
Key Points discussed in this podcast include:
- Mastercard is a challenger, always looking to partner and create solutions; has a global tech hub in Sydney/Australia, and does tech dev here
- Case study: mx51 – how Mastercard worked with mx51 to go global.
- Mastercard Global FinTech Accelerator program explained (Start Path, a 6-month intensive program for late-stage startups)
- Mastercard working on bridge between Web2 and Web3 for payments; will use stablecoins
- Trends to watch: Kallan mentions ESG, 5G/embedded finance, lending/risk models, banks moving off legacy tech, and cloud/partnering with fintech as trends to watch
- Mastercard growing has 90+ open positions in Sydney
Kallan Hogan is the Head of Business Development for Mastercard Australia and NZ. In this role, he leads a team focused on making the connection between buyers and sellers more efficient in an ever-changing digital world. He is responsible for creating client-led solutions across Mastercard technology including tokenisation, loyalty solutions, cybersecurity, open banking, personalisation, marketing, data analytics and other services. Prior to joining Mastercard, Kallan held multiple leadership roles at American Express and has experience driving brands across diverse regions having worked in Sydney, London, Singapore and Chicago.
Mastercard has evolved from a payments company to an innovative technology and services provider focused on broader payment opportunities in the retail, technology, government and finance industries. In Australia, Mastercard is committed to enabling all stakeholders – issuers, acquirers, merchants and consumers – with the latest technology and services to connect and protect, safely and seamlessly. As one of the world’s leading payment network operators, Mastercard is widely known and trusted. Today, the company is enthusiastically harnessing the digital revolution as it seeks to accelerate innovations beyond payments using new technologies and capabilities.
FinTechs can get in touch with Kallan here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kallanhogan/