Australian FinTech company profile #53 – LeadPoint DMS
1. Company Name: LeadPoint Digital Mortgage Services ( LeadPoint DMS ).
2. Website: www.myleadpoint.com
3. Key Staff & Titles: David Maher, Founder & Legal Practitioner Director.
4. Location(s): Brisbane
5. In one sentence, what does your fintech do?: Our WebMortgages Service produces & returns to a Lender’s platform, or to its chosen e-sign platform, loan contract & security “Doc Packs” within 2 minutes of a Lender submitting each request, 24/7. No humans; just data & automation in the Cloud.
6. How / why did you start your fintech company?: To address & eliminate the labour intensive, error riddled, slow & expensive home loan fulfilment process. An API between a Lender’s platform & our WebMortgages Service facilitates B2B messaging, automation, & rapid service delivery to take the customer “off the market “ sooner with a superior customer experience.
7. What is the best thing your company has achieved or learnt along the way (this can include awards, capital raising etc)?: Partnering with other like-minded Fintechs such as Tic Toc Home Loans to digitise the home loan process & experience for borrowers, & to integrating our cloud services with Loan Origination platform providers like illion & IRESS & e-sign platforms including Adobe Sign.
8. What’s some advice you’d give to an aspiring start-up?: Never lose sight of the significance of what you have developed & the resulting change you have achieved, no matter what obstacles are placed in front of you.
9. What’s next for your company? And are you looking to expand overseas or stay focussed on Australia?: To further develop & integrate our Platform as a Service (Paas) model, including being an integral service provider in the developing Open Banking environment where speed of delivery of finance offers to customers will be critical, both in Australia & in similar jurisdictions such as the UK & Canada.
10. What other fintechs or companies do you admire?: One of our strategic partners, Tic Toc Home Loans, who have reinvented & truly digitised the home loan application & approval process, & Up Bank, another true innovator.
11. What’s the most interesting or funniest moment that’s happened in your company’s lifetime?: When a representative of one of the Big Four Banks, who stated in an open Forum that it was impossible for us to have successfully developed our WebMortgages Service, to have to subsequently clarify to the audience, after viewing a live demonstration of our service, that it was impossible for HIS Bank to deliver the service.