The 2nd Annual FinTech Awards 2017
The 2nd Annual FinTech Awards 2017 celebrate the achievements of the dynamic people and businesses comprising the FinTech sector. These Awards seek to recognise success in the FinTech sector in its many forms. This event will be an evening of celebrating the best innovation, created by the best innovators and entrepreneurs that live and work in Australia.
Australian FinTech is proud to be a media partner for the 2nd Annual FinTech Awards 2017 to be held in Sydney on 22nd June 2017.
Australian FinTech’s CEO and Co-Founder, Cameron Dart, recently named as one of the Top 25 Influencers of FinTech in Australia, is honoured to be one of the judges for the Awards.
Award Categories / Fintech Awards
- FINTECH INNOVATION IN PAYMENTS
The Judges are looking for an innovative new product or service that disrupts the payments sector; services could be from all areas of the FinTech sector including mobile or digital currency providers.
- FINTECH INNOVATION IN WEALTH MANAGEMENT (ROBO ADVICE)
The Judges are seeking a product or service which offers a new, or significantly improved, service that uses technology to benefit customers and/or financial institutions.
- FINTECH INNOVATION IN LENDING
This award recognises a business which offers a new or significantly improved service that implements technology to bring benefits to both lenders and borrowers. Judges are looking for innovative credit modelling, use of data elements and/or an improved user experience.
- BEST INNOVATION IN CYBER-SECURITY & ANTI-FRAUD
This award seeks to recognise the business/Government or service/product that is the most innovative and effective method of detecting or preventing cybercrime or fraud. The Award is open to both internal or external Cyber-Security & Anti-Fraud teams.
- BEST FINTECH COMMUNICATIONS CAMPAIGN
The Judges are looking for the campaign that helped a fintech business or service scale, gain traction or awareness. This Award will be judged on creativity and results, and will be mindful of the size of the campaign budget and media spend.
- BEST RESEARCH IN FINTECH
The judges will be looking for peer reviewed primary or secondary research that pushes the boundaries in fintech, and puts Australia on the world stage
- BEST FINTECH-BANK COLLABORATION OF THE YEAR
The Judges are looking for specific projects, or products, that showcase how a bank and a fintech firm have worked together, either in collaboration, or using open APIs
- FINTECH LEADER OF THE YEAR
The Award Judges are looking for an outstanding individual who has persistently contributed to the advancement of the fintech sector
- FEMALE FINTECH LEADER OF THE YEAR
The Award Judges are looking for an outstanding female individual who has persistently contributed to the advancement of the fintech sector
- FINTECH CTO/CIO OF THE YEAR
Judges will be looking for an outstanding CTO or CIO who has created or led cutting edge innovation, a CTO or CIO who may have taken a calculated risk and the risk has paid off.
- INSURE-TECH STARTUP OF THE YEAR
The Judges are seeking an Insurance based FinTech start-up business (business or core service launched in the past 18 months) that has disrupted the insurance/risk sector with new and innovative services.
- REG TECH
The Judges are seeking a FinTech start-up business (business or core service launched in the past 18 months) that has launched a new service, or disrupted the regulatory/compliance sector with new and innovative service(s) that facilitates the delivery of regulatory requirements. This category would suit fintechs in the areas of KYC and AML, and/or assisting financial services companies in their compliance obligations.
- ASHURST FINTECH STARTUP OF THE YEAR
This is the most important Award of the night. The Judges are seeking a FinTech start-up business (business or core service launched in the past 18 months) that has disrupted the financial services sector with new and innovative services, creating competition and transforming the way we experience financial services.
HOW TO ENTER / Please read carefully
- Entrance to the FREE
- You can enter here
- You can enter as many Award Categories as you wish
- You can enter multiple times in the same Category – eg you may wish to enter 2 or 3 people for the ‘FinTech Leader of the Year’
- For each Award Category the Judges will select THREE finalists. Finalists will be invited to the FinTech Awards night, and the Winner will be announced on the night. Finalists will not need to buy a ticket to attend.
- The project, product, research paper, campaign, or activity you are entering must have been created, developed or released in the past 18 months to be a valid entry. Anything relating to the period before January 2016 is not deemed relevant for these awards.
- Seating at the Awards is extremely limited; however entrants who do not make the finals list will be offered a special reduced price ticket and receive preference in the ticket/seating allocation.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
The 2nd Annual FinTech Awards 2017 are open now.
Entries close 1st June 2017.
Finalists will be notified 15th June.
For more details go to The 2nd Annual FinTech Awards 2017