Australian FinTech company profile #41 – Quantium
- Company Name: Quantium
- Website: www.quantium.com.au
- Key Staff & Titles:
– Adam Driussi, Co-Founder and CEO
– Greg Schneider, Co-Founder and Executive Director
– Bernard Wilson, Executive – FinTech, Product and Technology
– Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra
– Auckland, New Zealand
– San Francisco, USA
– Bentonville, USA
– Hyderabad, India
– Johannesburg, South Africa
- In one sentence, what does your fintech do?:
Quantium provides market leading transaction data cleansing and enrichment, advanced analytics, decision engine and personalisation solutions – in financial services and other industries.
- How / why did you start your fintech company?
To take the possibilities of advanced data analytics beyond the insurance industry (where we started) to help organisations across sectors deliver better experiences for their customers.
- What is the best thing your company has achieved or learnt along the way (this can include awards, capital raising etc)?
Working with iconic brands in over 20 countries. In Australian Banking, we’ve worked with the Big 4 banks, challengers and fintechs. We’re also extremely proud of the depth of talent we attract to work with us. We are ranked by the AFR as one of the top ten graduate employers in the country and are the highest-ranked data company on that list.
- What’s some advice you’d give to an aspiring start-up?:
Keep an eye to the long-term. Some start-ups spend so much time thinking about how to raise their next tranche of capital or win their next government grant that it distracts them from their main game.
- What’s next for your company? And are you looking to expand overseas or stay focussed on Australia?
We’ve been rolling out Q.Refinery, our premier banking product, around the globe over the last 12 months and will continue to expand internationally. To date Q.Refinery has been deployed in six markets: Australia, New Zealand, USA, South Africa, the United Kingdom and Hong Kong.
- What other fintechs or companies do you admire?
We admire companies who look to reimagine possibilities for customers – for example, Grab/Grab Financial who have brought millions into the financial services ecosystem in South East Asia and Prospa who have transformed the SME lending experience.
- What’s the most interesting or funniest moment that’s happened in your company’s lifetime?
We’re naturally data nerds and love that more and more companies are embracing big data to drive better decisions. We think it’s pretty cool that we’ve helped rebuild Australia’s biggest loyalty program – Woolworths Rewards – based on a personalised customer experience, and have rolled out better demand forecasting with the largest retailer in the USA.